Become a Volunteer
We believe that everyone is an important part of the team. We want everyone to have fun while enjoying their authentic selves volunteering at any of our events. We accomplish this by providing a wide range of volunteer opportunities that can fit anyone’s ability. We offer a wide range of positions at our annual parade and festival in the fall and prom in the spring; throughout the year we have community engagement options, as well as other emerging event. Come be a part of our family where we celebrate queer joy, respect and courage. We continue to grow each year providing plenty of opportunities for individuals like you to be a part of our team.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have multiple events throughout the year which offers a wide range of opportunities. Our opportunities include positions in customer service, parade and assisting with volunteers to name a few.
Shifts are typically 4 hours long, if longer they will be noted as such. You can sign up for as many as you’d like as long as they don’t overlap.
Yes, we are a 504c3, which allows for volunteer credit.
- Free souvenir T-shirt, lanyard, and badge
- Invitation to our annual volunteer appreciation party
- Free meals
- Meet other community-minded people
- Satisfaction of helping others
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Complete online volunteer application
- Attend 1-hour volunteer orientation
- Read COWP Orlando Volunteer Handbook
- Sign Volunteer Agreement
- Understand & abide the guidelines of COWP Volunteer Codes of Conduct
- Be ready to listen, learn, and get work done